1. Premium Mowing: High-power commercial mowers, whose blades are sharpened on a regular basis, are operated by experienced staff who knows how to bring a finished and professional striped look to your lawn. Frequent sharpening has been found to reduce the likelihood of spreading fungal
disease. We also clean sidewalks of any grass debris generated by our work.
2. Aeration: Machine cores 2 -3 inch plugs permitting air, water, and fertilizer to reach the grass roots. Removing the plugs provide a natural decomposition of fertilizer and reduces harmful thatch.
3. Dethatching: Removing thatch reduces the environment harmful insects and fungi prefer. It also permits a better flow of water and speed the decomposition process for the underlying soil.
4. Edging: Creates a well defined border between the plant beds and turf. Edging thwarts the progress of weeds and grass into mulched parts of the landscape.
5. Install and maintain lawns: R. Rojas Landscape Inc. can install your lawn, flower beds, shrubs, trees as well as assure they remain healthy, plush, and attractive. Landscaping is an investment that requires care.
6. Leaf removal: We collect dry leaves and mulch them, providing nutrients for the soil. Excess leaves are removed from the property, just as are wet ones. Too much mulch can smother the roots.
7. Manual seeding: Seeds are dispersed by “drop” method, usually for a new lawn or one which is newly aerated. On previously bare soil we use seed starter mulch because there is less chance of weeds germinating as when straw is employed.
8. Paving stones: Pavers look beautiful and last indefinitely. Speak to us about your installation needs.
9. Planting and removal: Annual plants are a great joy to behold; however, they require planting and removal frequently. Let R. Rojas do the work for you.
10. Power seeding: A process where the existing grass is cut below the usual height, seed is dispersed by a seeding machine, and covered by a light thatch to encourage germination. The last stage is when seed starter mulch is applied.
11. Retaining walls: Retaining walls are constructed with a choice of materials, depending on location and function. Logs, railroad ties, brick, and stone are the most common. We assess the height and depth of your project and will propose our solution.
12. seasonal decoration program: Year round colored bedding for each season, in flower beds as well as containers such as pots, window boxes, urns, and more.
13. Shrub and small tree pruning: Pruning is required to keep shrubs dense and must be done regularly; but at certain times of the year. Not all shrubs are done at the same time of the year. Doing them out of season can damage plants and trees.
14. Sod removal: Removing sod can be overwhelming if you don’t have the equipment or manpower, as is disposition. We have the ability, equipment, and access to disposal facilities.
15. Soil grading: We have years of experience and expertise when it comes to creating landscape fundamentals including seeing that the soil is graded and prepared for your planting creations.
16. Spring clean up gutter cleaning: Picking up debris left from winter storms such as tree limbs, removing dead and living shoots which can impede the growth of grass and plants, Debris in the gutters can cause flooding and roof damage when the water backs up from clogged drains.
17. Tree trimming: Tree trimming is an art. Cutting requires sharp, clean cuts without damaging the tree. Regular trimming reduces the likelihood of damage from fallen branches, keeps the tree healthy and free from insects invading dead branches. The appropriate time of year to trim trees is dependent on what kind of tree it is. Fruit trees produce bigger and more solid fruit when trimmed regularly, than those which are not.
18. Weeding: We hand-pull weeds near plants and to keep labor costs down, a non selective herbicide is put down in other areas to kill weeds and prevent their growth.